Monday 25 May 2009

This Charming Pig

I have been reading a book called "The Pig Who Sang to the Moon". I have wanted it for a while and was most pleased when Thom decided to make the decision for me and buy it! Its by Jeffrey Masson and is a book about the thoughts, feelings and emotions of farm animals. It is an excellent read and really opens your eyes to how farm animals live and thier plight against being used for the animal industry. I was pleased to discover that Jeffrey Masson is coming to Cambridge in June to give a talk on his new book "The Face on your Plate", a book on veganism.
This book inspired me so much that it drew me to make a book mark in honor of it. Here is the finished picture. It just needs assembling.
/>
I sat on Cathedral Green on Saturday as I was at a loose end and finished off the stitching. It was a lovely warm day and I made the most of the sun.

Happy Stitching! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the bookmark and am envious of your stitching spot on Saturday (guess who was at work, again!)

    ReplyDelete