Tuesday 7 July 2009

Crochet Coral and a Rainbow Owl

On Saturday I went to workshop at the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge on crochet corals. I have seen the exhibition before while at Alexandra Palace during the Knitting and Stitching show 2008 and thought it quite spectacular. I also caught up with Rosie which was great as I hadn't seen her in months!But since then my crochet skills have improved and I was thrilled to see that the workshop coincided with one of my days off! So armed with a crochet hook and a few odd balls of yarn, I headed down and created this :

Well, I put the edging on when I got home, but some of the creations that people have contributed are amazing! It was lovely to see kids crocheting, learning a skill and learning about the environment among other things.

In stitchy news, I created this little fella :

He's almost finished and I had great fun designing him!
Happy crafting! xx

1 comment:

  1. That coral looks good and the little owl is stunning. Glad your camera's working!

    ReplyDelete