Tuesday 24 March 2009

A Happy Stash Enhancement Exercise

Saturday I spent at the Stitch and Craft show at Olympia. Ahhh what a lovely day although I returned tired - but happy! I thought to myself that there was more knitting there this year. I particularly loved the vintage knitting stall, promoting a new book of vintage knitting patterns. But my favourite stand this year was the Trudy Anne Designs stand. They don't have a website but they sell folk art style kits, accesories and charts. Lizzie Kate, Bent Creek, Trilogy and Needle in Hands were all featured there. I have already started to make my shopping list for them for Ally Pally in october...I did a class, "Beyond Cross Stitch", which I started to make a picture of a butterfly made using blackwork and beads. It uses black and gold thread and I have almost finished it. Will post a pic when finished. Amongst my haul is 2 blackwork kits (a snail and an owl), a small chaffinch kit (for my Dad when finished) and a magnetic snail, which I fell in love with, all from Jane Greenoff. Some rustic snail buttons from Injabulo were also bought, 2 charts from Trudy Anne Designs, both featuring rabbits, variagated thread also from there called Steamed Broccoli. I also got a super-whizzy new lamp with a magnifying glass - a high-tech version of the one I bought last year! The only thing is doesn't do is make me a cup of tea!



Today we are off to Hunstanton for a couple of days. It is Thoms birthday and his family have given him some money to spend on a B & B and a nice meal out as a presant. I am taking my blackwork butterfly and the chaffinch to stitch. We are hoping the weather will hold out and it won't rain! See you all soon! xx

1 comment:

  1. What fabulous things you've got. The magnetic snail is amazing.

    Hope that you've had a good time in Hunstanton (there used to be about 4 or 5 woolshops there in the 80s!)

    ReplyDelete