Thursday 2 April 2009

With my Nose in a Book....At Last.

For years and years I used to read books faster than I could breath. Until several years ago when I seemed to lose interest in every book after only a few chapters. I love the feeling of being totally gripped by a book that you can't eat, sleep or function properly until you know whats happeneing next. A few years ago, My Dad bought me for Christmas "The Land of the Living" by Nicci French. I began to read it Christmas Day evening and I had finished it by Boxing Day evening. This has happened frequently with Nicci French books. It also happens with Alich Hoffman books too. But lately I have struggled again - until I found this book...."A Series of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket! I read it straight through and became totally hooked! I decided to read the whole series and look what I found in a charity shop today....

....the next book in the series! I also found an offer in WHSmiths which I couldn't resist - and that doesn't happen often! It was a BOGOF offer on selected paperbacks and I found these books which I have had my eye on for a while....

I don't normally buy books new, I scour the charity shops until I find what I'm looking for - and it happens sooner or later. It was a good offer so I indulged. Anyhow, I'm still suffering wih a sore neck so it was medicine, in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment