Sunday 15 February 2009

A Stitchin' Birthday!

Last Tuesday was my birthday. I had a lovely day and received some lovely gifts. Among them was the fabric and threads to make The Woodland Goddess. I have coveted this since the Stitch and Craft show 2008 where I saw Joan Elliot and her stunning work. It is stitched with beautiful hand painted aida called Fallen Leaves from Polstitches and uses metallic threads and Mill Hill beads.
I also received a kit for making a cross stitch coaster set of blackberries and blackthorns from my Dad. Thom took me out for a meal in the evening and a little time was then spent at the Cambridge KTOG. Thom gave me a yummy carrot cake (my favourite!) complete with candles. Thursday evening, my Dad, sister, her husband and my niece and nephews came to visit. We had nibbles and more cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment